Sunday, November 8, 2015

"Lady With Blue Hair" in Graphite - My Diversional Therapy

Hiya Everyone!!! Well I know it's been FOREVER since I wrote something on my blog but I have been a sick little puppy!! and have just had NO ENERGY... This past month have seen me admitted not once, not twice.. but THREE TIMES to the hospital and out of 31 days of October I was an inpatient for 18 of them... *Huge great big sad faces* and even sadder is the fact that the Drs are still unsure what is exactly wrong and so I'm still not well... :(.....
However on a good note!!! cause I like to look on the positives of life! All of this time in Hospital and having me sick has had me searching for things to do to get my mind off being unwell and bored... and that's had me going back to the BEST diversional therapy there is.. ART!! More specifically, I couldn't exactly go taking my whole entire pencil collection and copic collection into hospital with me, but I could take my sketch pad and graphite pencil kit... and so I picked up an image I started months ago in April after I decided to take the plunge and try my hand at drawing again. Well I have now finally finished and couldn't be MORE HAPPY!!!.... 

Presenting my completed drawing "Lady With Blue Hair" in Graphite. 
I based my drawing on the reference photo called "Wanderer" by the very talented Photographer Alex-Lee Johnson which I sourced from an excellent website called "Paint My Photo" which allows royalty free use of photos for creating artwork! if you are a member. I urge you to check out the site. It truly is a wonderful resource!
  I have taken photos along my journey to give you a look at my progress but also my process... As you can see it changed very dramatically from the start in April to the finish now! :) I didn't think when I started that my eye's would progress to a completed drawing. So very pleased. 




This image will now be sprayed to keep it from smudging, and then matted... Once matted I will be listing her on my Etsy Site for sale if anyone is interested. Should be up within the week! :) health depending.


I hope you like it, and I look forward to producing more drawings in the future!
Xo HUGS!!!
Amanda


10 comments:

  1. Wow, such talent!!! God has given you a special gift, I just adore your drawing - her eyes are mesmerising! I live in Scotland and would be very interested in buying your masterpiece. Do you have any idea how much you will be looking for to sell this and would you be willing to send to the UK?
    So sorry to hear that your health is bad, and hope that Medical staff quickly diagnose what is ailing you, so that treatments may be started.
    In the meantime, I hope that your symptoms abate and you are not in too much pain or discomfort 🙏. God Bless.
    Kindest Regards,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Patricia! Thank you so much for your interest in my drawing. Sadly (and surprisingly to me) before I saw your post this morning I was contacted on Facebook regarding sale of this this piece, and so this drawing has now been Sold. If anything should fall through with this sale however I shall contact you so that you shall have an opportunity to purchase before I list it publicly.
      :)
      Thank you once again. HUGS!!
      xo
      Amanda Jensen

      Delete
  2. Wow she is beautiful . You are very talented artist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Amanda, love the photos of the process. Great work.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy. I think the Photos of the process are always interesting. I always look at peoples work and think WOW! how DID they START!!!... So I wanted to provide just a little bit of insight into my process, and at the moment, photos seemed the easiest way!. Glad you enjoyed them, and found them interesting.
      Xo
      Amanda

      Delete
  4. My what talent! You have captured her wonderfully!
    I hope the doctors find out soon your health issue and you will be better before you know it.
    In the mean time try to relax and leave stress behind.
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh such talent...I can't even hardly draw a stick figure-but I can certainly enjoy your amazing art work. I am so sorry to read that you have been ill. Please take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you're so talented. Absolutely amazing drawing. :) I like!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it is a absolutly amazing drawing! You're so talented! You give me many inspirations, thank you! XX Sabine

    ReplyDelete

HELLO!!! *waves enthusiastically* Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!! I really appreciate it, and read each and everyone of them.. It is what gets me out of bed in the mornings!! I swear!!! :0) Feel free to leave me questions if you have any and I will be sure to get back to you as soon as possible!! :) Xo